This is one of those stories that might only be funny to me, but I have to share it. Don't get me wrong, I have a wonderful life, but these days it feels more often than not, that things don't ever go exactly right for me. My dream is to have one day in the near future with no random issues, just one day. Here is what happened to us on Friday, take a look at these pictures which will seem random, but when you hear the story they will make sense...


I'm sure all of you are well aware that our house has been on the market for a long time, but do you realize that it has been three years? Because of that fact and several others we were thrilled to find out on Thursday night that someone wanted to come see our house on Friday morning for the second time. Wonderful news! I had a lot to do because the house was both cluttered & dirty, I know that nobody believes me, but between weekends away, spending Wednesday in the hospital with Addison (she is fine, that is another story), and the fact that I watch my neighbor's kids a few days a week, which having four small kids does quite the number on your house...anyway, lots of cleaning to do. I stayed up late, no surprise there and felt really good about how it looked on Friday morning, that & the sun was out, Praise the Lord!Now comes the "funny" part...
The showing is at 9:30am, at 9:15 the girls and I head to the car. Get everyone buckled, turn on our VBS music, close the garage door... wait the garage door won't close? I'm a smart person so I try it again, it goes down about 3/4 of the way and stops. This has happened before, I know exactly what to do. I hit the button again, jump out of the car and try to "help" it down. Usually that is the trick, this time...nothing! Okay, I'll run in the house and try from the other side. I wish I had a pic of what I found next, but it was too stressful, even for me, to stop and take a pic.
Taylor had been sweeping before we got in the car and I probably kindly, but sternly :) told her it was time to put the broom away and get in the car, so she probably put it away really fast. Somehow she placed the broom in the exact right spot so that when the garage door closed, the broom handle got stuck... no other way to say this, when I found it, it was fully erect jammed into the garage door and preventing the door from going any farther. I tried to call Jer, not sure what I hoped he would tell me, but he did not answer anyway. It is now about 9:20 and I'm starting to sweat, they will be here any minute and I have no idea what to do. I try to call my mom to ask her to pray, but she does not answer, I start to think of who to call next & realize there is no time for phone calls. The next 5 minutes was a battle between me and the broom, at approx 9:26 I have bent it so that I can finally pull it out. The only problem is that the garage door still won't close. I get a stool, unplug it and plug it back in b/c that's what you do for a computer...nothing! 9:28 now, I hear a car in pull into the driveway, so I do what anyone would do... I crawl out of the garage. Luckily it is only the agent, his clients are not with him. I try not to cry as I tell him what happened and apologize that I can't even shake his hand because mine are covered in grease. He was very nice and even offered to see if he could get it closed. He was not able to, so I drive away with my garage door stuck open, classy! I pass his clients as I'm driving out of the driveway, smile, wave & tell Taylor she is not to sweep anymore!
I was hoping to go to Target, but we can't go far from home because once they leave the house is wide open for anyone to enter. By the time we get home I am able to laugh, what else can you do right! Taylor however is very sad... apparently it was her favorite broom...
1. Jeremy's comment to the ordeal... "Well, it was a nice broom"
2. When we got home I tried the garage door from my car, praise the Lord, it closed no problem. Get inside, try to close it from inside, nothing. The battery was dead on the garage door opener that we have in the house...if I had tried to close it from the car when we drove away, it probably would have worked. Oh well!
On a positive note, my birthday is in 2 days & we are headed to Seattle for the first part of the week. Maybe, and I know I have said this before and not followed through, but maybe I'll blog this week :)

1 comment:
Oh my goodness! That last picture is classic. Look at you you little blogger you. :)
Post a Comment