Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ice Skating

Jer & I took the girls ice-skating last year at the Seattle Center & it was so much fun, I wanted to make sure we got to do it again this year. We had a blast! The girls started out skating with the walkers provided, then they graduated to skating by holding one or both of my hands & by the end they were each skating quite a bit on their own...with me very close behind. Fun times, a tradition I hope we will be able to do next year too. It will probably take me that long to be able to skate again. I took one big spill while trying to balance both girls & myself at the same time, I'm going to be feeling it for several days, but totally worth it!






We are home now after 5 days of fun with my family in Seattle. It is always sad to come home, but we must get back to reality at some point. My parents actually kept the girls overnight tonight & I have been working like crazy to clean out their bedrooms & our playroom before they get back tomorrow morning. It's nice to feel like I'm accomplishing a few things. Also nice to know I don't have to pack up again anytime soon. We'll probably head to Eastern WA in Feb sometime & we are going on vacation with my family at the end of Feb, but no need to pack a suitcase for several weeks & that is a wonderful feeling!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Where are you going in Feb?? So glad you got to go ice skating!