I posted a pic and a little info about sweet Libby on facebook, but thought I would add a little more info here, the more prayers the better right! Our friends Amy & Nijay Gupta left Seattle on June 24th and headed East towards Philadelphia where Nijay got a job as a professor at Eastern University. We were so sad to see them go, but excited for this opportunity for their sweet family, Simryn is 6, Aidan is 3 and Libby (Elizabeth) is 15 months old. Off they went on their cross country adventure and after two weeks of traveling, sight seeing and visiting family they arrived in Philly early last week. Sounds like it was a great trip overall, sweet Libby was a little sick, vomiting & high fever, but no reason to believe that it was more than a regular irritating virus... then things changed. I got a facebook message from Amy on Friday evening "They're admitting Libby. Low red & white blood cells and anemia. She is very is very ill. They're talking blood transfusion, bone marrow test to check for luekemia, etc..."
Saturday and Sunday things looked a little up, she had a blood transfusion and responded well, they found a wonderful placed to live, Grandparents arrived from Ohio to help with the older kids, Libby was acting a bit more like herself, we were all praying for wonderful news after her tests today...
At 10:17am this morning I got this text from Amy "It is leukemia"!
I have not had a chance to talk to Amy voice to voice yet, but we have exchanged texts all day and a couple voice-mails, I'm hoping we will be able to connect tomorrow. As of now here is how you can be praying for this sweet girl and her family...
1. Libby is undergoing more tests tomorrow (Tuesday) to see if there are any cancer cells near her brain, please pray that there are NONE!
2. Libby will begin her first dose of Chemo tomorrow, pray for her little body
3. Pray for her dad that he is able to focus at least some time and energy on his new job
4. Pray that they are able to get settled into their new place
5. Pray for Grandma who is with Simryn & Aidan
6. Pray for Simryn & Aidan whose world has also been rocked in almost every way possible
7. Pray for Amy who is at the hospital 24 hours a day with Libby
8. Pray for support for the Gupta family, remember they are in a brand new city
9. Pray we are all able to remember that we do not believe in a God that is in the business of handing out Cancer, but instead, we believe in a God that walks through life with us, the good and the bad...we trust you Jesus that you are with this family right now even though we cannot comprehend the reasons for this and probably never will be able to!
Below are some pictures of Little Libby from about 6 weeks ago and the rest of her family too ...
Libby Gupta
Simryn with my girls
Amy & I
Nijay & Aidan
Please pray for this sweet, beautiful, smiley girl
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord"
Psalm 27:13-14





2 comments:
Kristin....I will be praying for them.
Praying for this sweet family. I'm so heartbroken for them, but know our God is the Great Physician, and He will be with them.
Post a Comment