Still in bed this morning, the good news is that I am at my parent's which means I have an amazing view from where I am being held captive by the flu. I can see the top of the Space Needle, a little bit of downtown, the water & the ferries as they come and go.
I'm laughing at this picture though b/c it appears to show a very dark gray sky... I would like to blame it on my camera which I swear no matter what I do it only takes dark pictures, but the reality is that it's probably more about the fact that it's a typical Seattle day around here. My husband who is from "God's country" likes to complain about the gray over here, I often tell him it's really not that bad, but I think this pic is proof that he is right, well at least for today!

I'm very sad to be missing church this morning. The truth is that I feel much better than yesterday, but I don't want to expose the entire church if I am still contagious and I think its good for me to rest, something I never do! I'm still hoping my mom & Jer will let me join them for lunch today if I can prove how much better I am, we'll see :)
As I mentioned above I'm so sad not to be at church today, there are several reasons for that...
1. I LOVE our church
2. I LOVE the worship in our service
3. I LOVE getting to see my family at church
4. I LOVE getting to see my friends at church
5. I LOVE the marriage series that our Sunday School Class is doing right now
6. I LOVE our pastor's sermons
7. I LOVE that it is a time I get to encounter God each week
8. I have been attending this church for the past 30 years
9. I LOVE that the older generation at our church loves me & I know they all pray for me & my family
10. I LOVE everything about our church
And the final reason & probably biggest reason I'm sad to not be there today is that I'm afraid there are not many more Sundays I will be attending there, at least for this season of life. We have been praying about this for years, we obviously love our church we are very connected, but we live 45min away & that prevents us from being able to serve in the capacity we would like to be able to. It also prevents us from being able to invite people that we meet at school, in our neighborhood, etc... we kept thinking out house would sell and then it would not be an issue, but we have been trying to sell our house for 3 years and we know it is a terrible housing market, but we also wonder if God is calling us to remain where we are for awhile & if that is the case we know it makes sense to be involved in a church in our community.
I can say all of this & I really do believe it, but oh my word I am so sad! We have not made a final decision, but I think it is probably going to happen sooner than later & this might be the most difficult thing I have ever had to do. I know I know, I have had a wonderful life if this is the hardest, but relationships are so important to me & I don't know how to leave 30 years of friendships & mentors. I know I will still have my friends, but I also know it will be different! I thought I was doing okay, but last Sunday I walked into church, saw our old Pastor & his wife, got lots of hugs from people that love me & that I cherish. By the time I made it to our Sunday School class I was sobbing, it had been an emotional weekend for a number of reasons, but I think all of a sudden it hit me how difficult this is going to be. I am in no hurry to make this change, but I do feel very strongly about respecting where Jeremy feels our family is being called and I don't really want to prolong the inevitable. I don't really feel like posting this, but it has been therapeutic to get these thoughts written & while I don't know all the people that read this blog, I do know a majority of you are people that care about me and will pray for Jeremy & I as we make a decision. Most of you also go to my church, some of you know how seriously we have been praying about this and I would love continued prayer!!
Two days ago this was the reading in my devotional "Jesus Calling" and I have been reading it over & over the past two days!
"I Am the Risen One who shines upon you always. You worship a living Deity, not some idolatrous , man made image. Your relationship with me is meant to be vibrant & challenging, as I invade more and more areas of your life. Do not fear change, for I am making you a new creation, with old things passing away & new things continually on the horizon. When you cling to old ways & sameness, your resist My work within you. I want you to embrace all that I am doing in your life, finding your security in Me alone.
It is easy to make an idol of routine, finding security within the boundaries you build up around your life. Although each day contains 24 hours, every single one presents a unique set of circumstances. Don't try to force fit today into yesterday's mold. Instead, ask Me to open your eyes, so you can find all I have prepared for you in this precious day of Life."
"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, his is a new creation,the old has gone, the new has come!"
2 Corinthians 5:17
Have I mentioned I do not like change!!!
Blessing to each of you on this beautiful Sunday!
1 comment:
Oh, Kristin! I am thinking of you and praying for you. So glad you were able to rest, and enjoy some time in Seattle, but I hate that your time at church may be limited.
Post a Comment