Saturday, February 18, 2012

American Girl Doll Tea Party

Today was a day that has been in the works since December 25th when Taylor & Addison got their American Girl Dolls, Marie-Grace & Julie from Nana & Grandpa for Christmas. Addie decided she wanted an American Girl Doll Tea party to celebrate her 5th birthday. My mom and my aunt hosted it at my mom's house and it was everything that Addison dreamed of and more. The only bummer of the day was that I woke up with the flu, I spent the party in the guest room of my parent's house laying in bed. I was so disappointed, but it was fun to be able to hear the laughter & giggles from Addie & her friends & we were so blessed with everyone that helped make this a very special day for Addie. Thank you Nana & Auntie Beth for ALL your work getting ready for the party, during the party & after the party, and my cousins Erica & Anneliese too. Thank you to all of Addison's dear friends, some that traveled quite a ways to get here and to your mommies too for getting you and your dolls here and helping with the party. My sister was amazing today, thank you for all of your help Auntie Kimi, Addison was so blessed by you today. My wonderful husband that was not even sure if he was going to be here, but stepped in and made Addison's day by being here & being so helpful. I think he has seen enough dolls & pink for awhile. And thank you to my friend Andrea who took all the pictures for me. I sent her a text & asked her if she would help with pics, when she walked in the door I handed her my camera, put her in charge of pics & went back to bed. She learned a new camera & got some amazing pics today! I was so disappointed not to be part of the party, but it was such a blessing that my friends & family took over and it sounds like the party was a huge success! Addison is usually ever so shy, but today was spent with several of her very dear friends & family & she was in Heaven! This has been one crazy week, for those of you that have the luxury of planning a pregnancy, I suggest searing clear of holiday birthdays. While it is very fun to have Taylor's bday close to Christmas & Addie's the day after Valentine's Day, it makes for a very busy time. That being said, this last week was a wonderful week! I'm sad that the girl's birthdays are both officially over, but we do have something very exciting to look forward to in about one week!

The Birthday Girl, Marie-Grace & Argos the dog






Addie's request was sparkling cider instead of tea, I wonder if it was a hit, I have not asked about that yet...
Sweet sweet sisters!

Even the dolls had their own table for tea & cookies

Such sweet girls!, I should also say thank you to our dear friend Sophia that also helped out today in many ways with the younger girls!
Present time with Lexi
We love you Auntie Kimi
LOVE this pic of three of my favorite ladies!
Nana, Addie & Auntie Beth, thank you for all the special touches that made today so special
Some new outfits for the dolls
The very happy Birthday Girl!
I'm so sorry I missed your party Addison Grace, but I'm so happy you had a wonderful time!
I love you sweet girl!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sweet and so cute! Love you Addie!

Amy said...

I am so glad you were able to at least be at your moms! I was picturing you in bed at your house, miles away from the party! What cute pictures, so glad Addie had such a good time!