Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exciting News

No I am not pregnant :)










The exciting news is that we got the go ahead from Taylor's allergy dr. yesterday to try egg in certain things. She said that we could start with cookies or muffins because apparently the egg protein changes when it is cooked in baked goods. Tonight we make sugar cookies, decorated them, then the test... the great news is that Taylor had no allergic reaction at all! We were fairly certain that would be the case or the dr. would not have let us do it at home. She is getting closer and closer to being able to eat like a normal kid, I am so excited for her. Still no nuts for Taylor and we can't give her everything that contains egg yet, but this is another step in the right direction. Here are some pictures of Taylor with her first cookie ever (other than animal crackers). And we had to share a picture of Addison who gets to do all the exciting things Taylor does.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

yay, Taylor! So exciting! And such a great choice- sugar cookies are the best!

Beth Irby said...

Hallelujah! I am so happy for Taylor and for you, Kristin. It opens a new world for both of you.
Yay!

James said...

Hey there. Thanks for the invite to your blog. Very nice! The girls are beautiful. And congrats on the allergy situation. That's a hard issue to deal with. I hope y'all are doing well. Are you on Amy's blog update list? If not, we need to add you. Let me know.

Amy said...

I laughed out loud at the first line of your blog! I am so excited for Taylor (and for you!), what a great thing to be able to do. Love Addison's picture, she is just so happy!