Saturday, December 1, 2012

December 1st


It seems I do my most consistent blogging when I have committed to a challenge so I'm going to give myself a challenge... post each day of December.  I think doing that will help me stay focused on all the fun we can have as a family even while I am on bedrest.  Still partial bedrest for now, but the way my blood pressure is trending, I am preparing myself for complete bedrest.  At this point I am just thankful I get to be home with my family (vs. in the hospital on bedrest) and I'm thankful for all the ways people are helping us right now.  Bedrest is certainly not my favorite, but it could be so much worse and the outcome is well worth it.  We have done advent a little different in our house each year, we always read our daily advent prayer book and will continue to do so, but this year instead of a little gift each day for the girls we are going to try to come up with a fun family activity for each day of the month... maybe a very little gift here and there, but we want the focus to remain on the real reason we celebrate Christmas along with being able to enjoy as much quality family time as we can.  That is a benefit of bedrest for sure, lots of great quality time which is nice as life will for sure change here sometime in the next sixish weeks!

Today we did two projects...

Project one, both Tay & Addie got to make a paperchain to countdown to Christmas, this project was courtesy of my cousin Shelly, thanks so much Shelly for prepping this and many other fun things for the girls 

Project two is actually school projects for both girls, but we made it a family activity and although I had to completely let go of control (something I'm getting lots of practice at right now), we had a great time and I think the girl's ideas turned out pretty cute...
meet "Snowgirl Joy" and "Gingerbreadgirl Grace" 

Happy December, so many wonderful things to look forward to this month and so much to be thankful for!  

1 comment:

The Dolens said...

You are more than welcome! Love you girls!