Friday, August 31, 2012

My Kindergartner


I'm pretty sure that almost everyone that reads my blog has already seen our 1st day of school pics on facebook so I'll spare you from seeing all the same pics again.  But I did have to share this one picture of my sweet Kindergartner & a little report on how her first two days of school have been.  As most of you remember it took Taylor quite awhile to adjust to Kindergarten, but she eventually did and she had a great year last year.  We said goodbye to her teacher on the last day of school and I'll admit even though there is no guarantee about teachers, I was convinced that Addison would  have the same wonderful teacher for this school year.  Well our beloved Ms. W. called me about two weeks ago to let me know that she is going to be teaching 2nd grade this  year, I was so sad, but I honestly felt confident in all the Kinder teachers so I knew Addie would be great with whoever she got.  But... I would be lying if I did not say I had my heart set on a certain teacher :)  We went to school on Monday when the class lists were posted and found out we got the teacher we were hoping for, yay!  I knew her from last year and I knew she was wonderful, but she sealed the deal with me when she emailed me a couple days before school started and asked if I would come take pics of each of her students for their scrapbooks that they get at the end of the year.  She is going to have them take a pic at the beginning of the year and then the same pic at the end of the year.  I was thrilled and honored to take the pictures today and I'm thrilled Addison has a wonderful teacher in so many ways!  I asked Addie how school was yesterday "thumbs up mom" and today I asked the same question... "two thumbs up mom".  It's going to be a wonderful year!! 



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah so glad you are happy with the teacher and that she has had great days! Love the pic.