We did it, after years of talking and praying about it we have decided to look for a church in our local community. There is so much I could say & maybe one day I will be able to formulate the exact right words, but for now what I can say is that I am sad. I really believe we are doing the right thing, but change is hard for me & this is a big one. I have been at the same church for 30 years & it feels like home to me in so many ways. Jeremy is calling this our sabbatical until our house sells, the thought that this is maybe not a permanent change does help me. Tomorrow is week two of "church shopping", we'll see how it goes.
Below are pictures from our last official Sunday at FFMC. Pretty much a surreal day for me.

We loved walking into church and hearing Nana's voice down the hall, then seeing her smiling face...

Since before I was pregnant with Tay, we started a tradition of going to Orrapin for lunch after church, the Hays family is often there as well, along with many other great friends...
Last Sunday was okay, I think tomorrow is going to be harder, for the first time since I was two years old, I am going to be missing the palm parade.
"Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest"
Happy Easter Week!!






1 comment:
Oh Kristin. This made me tear up. Change is HARD. I'll keep you guys and your church search in my prayers.
Post a Comment