Today was a sad day for the girls in our house, all of us, we had to say goodbye to some dear friends. I have lived in the same state my entire life and I have been blessed that almost our entire family and most close friends live within 3 hours of us, today that changed! Two years ago we met a family and there was an instant connection for so many reasons, the best part was that I found a fast friend in Amy, while her daughter Simryn quickly became one of my girl's BFFs! Sim is right in the middle, age wise, of my girls and while the number three can be tricky business... these three girls made it work so well! Although we have only known them for two years, it feels like we are losing lifelong friends! The girls & I have been in Seattle since Thursday to soak up every minute we could with this sweet family. The fun included a goodbye party on Thursday night, helping them pack a little (mostly I just brought coffee), ice cream in the village, smores (the city way, in the microwave), a slumber party, a birthday breakfast for Simryn & one final Sunday at church together. We miss all five of you already and hope we are able to make it to Philadelphia sooner than later to visit!
We love you Simryn and your entire family too!
Part of our sermon today included a quote from a man in his late 90s... I'm not going to be able to quote it exactly right, but the gist was that the recipe for a good life is to remember that God is with you always and he will grant you peace along the way, that is my prayer for the Gupta family as they embark on a new adventure! I'm sad they were not able to stay in Seattle, but I know God has wonderful plans for their family! Have I ever mentioned that I don't like change :) well, this is a change I really don't like! Luckily, I know God's plans are bigger & better than mine and while I'm selfishly sad, I know God has a perfect plan for these people I love so much!






No comments:
Post a Comment