Monday, June 14, 2010

Change

Those of you that know me well know that change is really hard for me. Yesterday was a difficult day for me because it marked the beginning of what is probably going to be a significant amount of major change in my life. Looking back over the past 30 years there are two things in my life that have remained consistent, my immediate family (so thankful for my dad, mom & sister) and my church. I have attended the same church since I was 3 and furthermore have had the same pastor that entire time. It was in the balcony of First Free Methodist Church where I first accepted Jesus as my Lord & Savior with my dad on Father's Day almost 27 years ago. Mark, officiated Jeremy & my wedding, he dedicated both of our girls along with my mom, his wife Maryanne was my Sunday School teacher as a little girl and has been Taylor & Addison's teacher for the past few years. They are both so very important & significant to my faith journey. Yesterday, Pastor Abbott retired after 28 years at Seattle First Free Methodist Church. We have not yet hired a new pastor (add it to the list of unknowns in my life), but I know God is at work at my church and I know He has a perfect person to fill that role. Thank you Pastor Mark & Maryanne for your years of service at First Free Methodist Church, you touched countless lives & you will be greatly missed!

1982, my dad, me at age 3, Pastor Mark, Kim & my mom
Kim's Baby Dedication
2010,
Taylor Joy age 4, "Teacher Maryanne" (as the girls like to call her), Addison Grace, age 3 & Pastor Mark
At Orrapin where we have had lunch with Mark & Maryanne almost every Sunday afternoon for the past 5 years
Clearly First Free Methodist Church & Mark & Maryanne Abbott have been very important to me & as I mentioned above I think that yesterday was so significant & difficult for me b/c it marks the beginning of what I think it going to be a lot of major change.
Here is a list of the unknowns in my life right now...
1. Jeremy's employment
2. The possibility of me going back to work
3. Our house, whether or not it is going to sell & where we are going to live if it does
4. Where & if the girls will go to preschool next year
5. Whether or not we are going to have more kids
6. Church, new senior Pastor
In all honesty, I am scared for what the future holds, but I know God is in control and I know in His time His perfect plan for us will be revealed.
Finally, Mark's final sermon yesterday was titled "He is Able"
Rather than focus on all the unknowns in my life I am going to focus on the fact that God is Able and Praise Him!
Add Image

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ah, this made me cry! I am praying for you with all these unknowns. Love, love, love the picture of your family at Kim's dedication!

Andrea said...

Great post Kristin. He is in control of everything and when you look back at this time you will look back at it fondly. I'm praying for you guys! Love to you.

jenmontzingo said...

I love this! It is honestly hard to imagine him not there and I think because I have been away I have not had to face that he is not there. But at least your mom is, but still, so weird.